Sunscreen Film Festival | Film Workshops
2019 Workshops To Be Announced Soon!
All these events are held in the conference room on the 5th floor of the Hyatt Place, 25 2nd Street N. St. Petersburg.
You MUST have an Industry, Filmmaker, Sponsor, Day, VIP or Volunteer Pass to attend that day’s workshops or panels.
Day or VIP Pass for access to workshops.
Here are some of our past workshops:
- Acting workshops taught by Patrick Wilson (The Conjuring, Watchmen), Ethan Suplee (The Wolf of Wall Street), Bill Cobbs (Night at the Museum), Alexa Vega (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For), Ayanna Berkshire (TV’s “Grimm” and “Parenthood”), and Solomon Trimble (Twilight).
- Develop a Character and Deliver It with Confidence: Presented by John Jackson, casting director of the Oscar-nominated movie The Descendants.
- Acting for Kids and Teens: Lauran Iron (TV’s “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” and “GCB”) shares her experiences breaking into the industry.
- Creating a Killer Movie Comic: Presented by Leo Partible, author and producer; contributor to the book Who Needs a Superhero? Finding Virtue, Vice, and What’s Holy in the Comics. Partible also shares how to tell a visual story through storyboards.
- Screenwriting Story Origins: Rules of the Game: Screenwriter David Paterson (Bridge to Terabithia) discusses adapting a script from another source, as well as optioning material.
- Master Screenwriting Workshop by Dean Batali (producer and writer, TV’s “That 70’s Show,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
- Indie Film Producing Workshop by Sean Covel and Chris “Doc” Wyatt (both of Napoleon Dynamite).
- The Business of Blockbusters: Producer Ralph Winter (X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Planet of the Apes) reveals the challenges, frustrations, and successes of producing movies in the range of $100 million and higher.
- Build a Real Career in Entertainment: Tips from Phil Cooke, author, filmmaker and media consultant for both industry newcomers and longtime veterans.
- Creating a Soundtrack and Acquiring Music: Presented by Michael Tolcher, composer and musician (Last Sunset, TV’s “One Tree Hill”).
- The Power of Distribution: Finding the Right Audience with producer Ralph Winter (X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Planet of the Apes) and Phil Cooke, author, filmmaker and media consultant.
- Faith and Film Panel: Producer and director Steve Taylor (The Second Chance) and others explore the impact filmmakers’ faith has on the way they operate on set and within the industry.
- How to Get a Sales Agent & Sell Your Film: An in-depth look into the business side of independent film sales.
- Building Your Audience & Making Money: Digital distribution platforms and screens, branding and new media marketing offer film producers and distributors additional paths to building audience and making money.
- How to Make a Film for Under $10K and Get Distribution: Producer Robert Enriquez (The Grind, John Leguizamo’s “Freak”) takes you behind the curtain and shares how to make a sellable film for little capital.
- Social Media, Publicity and Branding: Presented by Antony Francis and Amber Osbourne of Head of Lettuce Media.
- How to Get a Hollywood Talent Agent: Presented by veteran talent agent Michael Greenwald, who has worked with Ben Affleck, Adrien Brody, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Scarlett Johansson.
- SCREENWRITING: SCREENWRITING: The Truth on How to Get Your Idea or Screenplay Made. (WORKSHOP) – Presented by Threee Point Capitol’s Viviana Zarragoitia, Film Commissioner Tony Armer, and Los Angeles based Producer and Talent Manager Robert Enriquez
- FILM FINANCE: It’s not “Show-art,” it’s show business! Presented by Jonathon Gray, Producer and attorney for Birth of a Nation, Precious.